My Comments Policy
This site provides the opportunity for visitors to communicate in the public domain through visitor-submitted, published comments. The nature inherent in online dialog raises significant questions in the areas of privacy, responsibility, and ownership of data related to these published conversations.
It is our belief that you deserve to know your rights and responsibilities as a commenter on this site. You also deserve to know our rights, responsibilities, and intentions as site owner(s) with regards to the comment-related data you freely provide. Consequently, this Comment Policy governs your responsibilities and discloses our intent with your comment data.
1. Commenters may comment anonymously. Real names are preferred. “Brand Names” and online personas are permitted.
2. You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are others do as well.
3. I have an opinion and you may disagree with me. If you disagree with me, be respectful and conduct an appropriate debate. I base my opinion on data that I have, be prepared to share you data to change my opinion.
4. Site owner(s) reserve the right to edit, delete, suspend, or publish comment data solely at their discretion.
Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.
5. Commenter retains ownership of comment data. Site owners(s) do not own comment data.
6. Commenter grants site owner(s) a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and non-exclusive license to use comment data in any form of published work or performance including, but not limited to, web sites, digital eBooks, print, audio, video, live and broadcast events.
7. Commenters agree to “hold harmless” site owners and authors from any and all legal repercussions, damages, and liabilities perceived to have been caused by participating in this site’s online conversations.