2 cups Whole Grain Wheat Flour
2/3 cup Carob Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup Organic Molasses
1/4 cup Stevia granules
1/2 cup Filtered Water
2 tsp Vanilla extract
4 cups Sweet Potato, boiled then mashed
- Boil whole sweet potatoes for about 30 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork. Let cool and then peel off the skin and mash well. Set aside to cool more.
- Preheat oven to 350*f. Lightly grease mini-muffin pan ( I use coconut oil)
- Beat eggs well, then add molasses, stevia, vanilla, and water.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, carob, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling each about 2/3rds full. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool to handle and remove to wire rack or plate. Re-grease pan and fill with remaining batter and repeat baking time.(Freeze and enjoy cold for higher resistant starch content)
Nutrition information: servings 48, calories 55, Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 15.4mg, Sodium 19.8mg, Potassium 182.3mg, Carbs 11.5g, Fiber 1.2g, Sugars 6g, Protein 1.2g, Vitamin A 64.7%, Vitamin C 5.4%, Calcium 2.7%, Iron 3.2%